Str. Arh. Hirjeu nr. 10 sect 2. Bucharest, Romania and/or 6259 W. Flamingo Rd. #31 Las Vegas, NV. 89103 USA 040724581078 or 702.2479716
Serban Mircea HALACIUGA
· Excellent communication skills in English and Romanian.
· Expert knowledge in commerce and business development.
· Expertise in Eastern European markets (Citizens & Governance, Mobility Programs).
· Project Co-coordinator for the European Commission Research Programs (FP6/7).
· Individual Expert for The European Commission (citizens-1, sustaining dev. FP6).
· Engineering, Law and Business degrees, Int’l Commercial Arbitrator.
PRESENT : Vice President, Unione Camere Esperti Europei; President, Arbitration & Contract Mediation Agency-confidential LLC . Founder, General Administrator. International Arbitration Judge.
Founder/President, PROXEMIS-Global Crisis Management Association. (NGO)
Media Physics Inc., Bay Point, USA 1994-2001
Director International Strategic Development, International Arbitrator/Expert.
Supervised teams of expert -evaluators in the field of Environmental Protection studies in both divisions, in the US and Eastern Europe. Managed people, facilitated meetings, led team in solving problems, developed business, brought new customers and revenue. Developed a network of contacts at Government level and business community in Europe.
International arbitrator, panel member and Chair.
EURATOM - EEC, Ispra, Italy 1985-1994
Senior Consultant, International Arbitrator, ADR panel member and Chair.
Coordinated international project pertaining to environmental safety. Supervised projects at sites in Italy, Germany and France. Brought project in on time and within budget. Analyzed financial forecasting and accounting. Implemented a work plan that successfully and cost-effectively transferred technologies from EURATOM to the client base in various industries.
International arbitrator, commercial and maritime litigation, panel member and Chair.
BECHTEL - San Francisco, USA 1977-1985
Senior Staff Consultant, Alternate Dispute Resolution (ADR) Consultant.
Conducted Cogeneration analysis and project development. Coordinated technical and marketing team. Participated in marketing strategies and built a large customer base. Communicated effectively with clients and contractors.
Department of Industry and Commerce , Bucharest Romania 1971-1976
Design Engineer- Professor, promoted to Deputy Director
Developed policy and maintained functional control over several industries (chemical, metallurgical, heavy machinery) . Professor, Community College, metallurgical technology and materials science.
U.S. and Romanian Citizen with residences in both countries.
Able to travel, relocate , very flexible.
Please use this identification code in your correspondence with the European Commission concerning the roster of experts: 6d0650495118266fb70bbc19697c74
Areas of expertise
· 06 - ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT
· 0601 - Development economics
· 0619 - Business management
· 07 - SOCIAL DEVELOPMENT
· 0715 - Conflict prevention and restoration of peace
· 10 - ADMINISTRATION / MANAGEMENT
· 1006 - Judicial cooperation
Services provided throughout my career to clients and employers
· 01 - Sectoral policy design
· 02 - Project / programme planning
· 03 - Project / programme identification
· 04 - Project / programme feasibility studies
· 08 - Risk management consultancy
· 09 - Project management / coordination
· 10 - Project / programme implementation / management
· 17 - Drafting of legislation
. International Bar Association, Judges Chambers
. Washington Foreign Law Society
. Unione Camere Esperti Europei (UCEE), VICEPRESIDENT
. Chatham House member
. Council of Foreign Affairs (CFR)
. Central European Network (CEINet)
. Scientific INformAtion for Policy Support in Europe (SINAPSE)
. Sloane School of business fellow.
Visit The Fourth Pillar